Top Spray Tan Pre and Post Care Tips! Featuring Anna Claire
Get the best Spray Tan results by following Anna Claire’s Pre and Post care!
1. Prep your skin by exfoliating and shaving off any unwanted hair. I recommend exfoliating and shaving at least 4-6 hours in advance to getting sprayed.
2. Make sure you come to your appointment with clean skin free of lotions, perfumes, and deodorants. These can cause the spray tan to turn green or orange. It can also prevent the spray tan from adhering to the skin properly.
3. Always prep your hands, feet, elbows and knees with barrier lotion provided by your spray tan technicians. (I only recommend the elbows and knees if you tend to have SUPER dry skin)
4. Prep sprays are a great add on that I personally offer. It is a pH Balancing spray that preps and hydrates the skin to ensure an even tan.
After you’ve prepped for your tan, let your spray tan technician do the rest.
Here are a few tips to keep your spray tan looking great for the days to come. Post care:
1. Finishing powders are great add ons as well to seal the tan! I offer a crushed mineral finishing powder (talc free). This will help with that sticky feeling and the best part about it, you don’t have to sit in front of a fan to dry!
2. Stay DRY (no sweating, no shower) for up to 8-12 hours. Your tan can actually continue to develop for 24 hours after application. I recommend sleeping on your unwashed spray tan and then showering the next morning.
3. When you shower for the first time, use warm water. A hot steamy shower can cause it to fade faster. I also recommend using no soap for the first shower OR using a very mild bar of soap or baby body wash.
4. Once you’re out of the shower, pat dry; DO NOT RUB!!! Be gentle with your spray tan when your skin is wet.
5. After drying, apply a good moisturizer to entire body and let it soak in. I recommend using the lotion you normally use that your skin is already used to. If you’re not used to using lotion, stay away from scented lotions as the scented lotions tend to have high alcohol contents and can cause your skin to dry out more.
6. In the days to come, continue the 5 steps above. You can shave after your 2nd shower but I recommend using a mild soap versus a shaving cream. Shaving creams will lift the spray tan out of the pores and cause uneven blotches.
If you’d like to learn more about the products or spray tan tips and tricks I have feel free to contact me at 601-519-5909 or message me on Facebook at Anna Claire Lay!